A beautiful collar is an important accessory for any girl dog. It facilitates the process of training and managing the animal. Therefore, it is necessary to teach a dog to wear such a stylish accessory as a collar from an early age.
- Why Use a Leather Dog Collar Instead of Other Material?
- Best Dog Harness for French Bulldog
- Types Of Training Collars For Dogs | Which Type Should You Choose
- How To Install A Wireless Dog Fence
- 7 Accessories That Every Dog Needs
A wide range of customized cute dog collars girl can be found in the catalog of the online store Waudog. There are quality products from reliable manufacturers for dogs of different breeds and sizes. By visiting the website, you will definitely receive expert advice and buy a customize accessory that your dog will like.
Read on for more information on the types of female dog collars and how to select the best one for your pet.
Guide to Choosing Girl Dog Collars
Today in the market of pet products, there is a huge selection of beautiful collars made of different materials for dogs of different breeds, sizes, and temperaments. So, it is not surprising that a novice dog owner can get lost in this variety.
Varieties of Collars
There are several types of girl dog collars:
- Soft collars are worn primarily by puppies. Made of soft leather, fabric (nylon, tarpaulin, cotton), or a combination of materials, they allow you to teach your puppy to wear this essential attribute. Soft collars can be used to train adult dogs if such methods of correcting behavior are sufficient to control your pet. Collars can be equipped with metal or plastic accessories, with or without decorative ornaments, bright colors, or strict colors;
- Training collars are used for the education and training of young dogs, most often they are made of chrome steel;
- Strict metal collars (parfors). When the training collar is not enough to train and correct the dog’s behavior (especially for dogs of large breeds), breeders recommend the use of strict metal collars – parfors. Unlike other metal collars, these have single- or multidirectional metal or wire spikes on the inner surface;
- Decorative collars. In the last decade, Lux decorative collars have also become popular. These are collars made of expensive leather with different ornaments. Such cute dog collars girl are often bought for female dogs because they are distinguished by their brightness and originality;
- Personalized collars. According to the waudog.com experts, personalized girly dog collars for female dogs have received the widest attention from pet owners today. A personalized collar is an accessory that has the dog’s name, phone number, and sometimes even the owner’s address written on it. The biggest advantage of such collars is that they inform other people about the names of pets and their place of residence, which can be very useful information in case of loss.
What to Look for When Choosing a Collar
The collar should be made of soft leather. However, it should be noted that too soft skin will stretch and may tear. If the skin is too tight, the collar will bend badly and do not fit snugly. Excellent custom leather collars are presented on the site waudog.com. Be sure to check out the range available. And don’t forget that it is better to buy a collar that is not wide, then the dog’s fur will not be wiped.
When buying a collar, pay attention to the rings and buckle- they must be welded or integral. The buckle should not be wider than the collar itself. In addition, it is better to have two tongues, which should be slightly longer than the diagonal of the buckle, so that the moment you pull the collar and the dog makes a jerk, the tongue is not slipped into the buckle frame. The ring should be on the opposite side of the buckle – in this case, the center of gravity will always be at the bottom and the ring at the top.
When choosing a good collar for your dog, do not forget that it must be used properly. Remember that leather, like fabric, is a porous material that can absorb dirt, which in turn can lead to the appearance of bacteria. Therefore, regularly clean the collar with a brush and shampoo for dogs in warm water. The female dog collars, represented on the website waudog.com, are very easy to use and will not take much time. Be sure to review them.