5 Benefits of Coconut Oil for Dogs
1. Maintains a Healthy WeightCoconut oil is what is known as a medium chain fatty acid. This kind of fatty acid is good for your dog’s weight, helping it not to lose weight to fast or gain weight too fast. A lot of oils are extremely fatty and unhealthy, and you should avoid giving them to your dog as much as possible.That’s why it is a bad idea to give your dog most fried foods. However, with coconut oil, regular servings can help to maintain your dog’s weight and keep it at a healthy size, no matter its age.
2. Hydrates the Coat and SkinCoconut oil is also a natural hydrator. It nourishes your dog’s fur and their skin, making the hair look silky and shiny. It prevents skin problems like dry, cracked skin and unhealthy-looking skin coloring.By keeping your dog’s skin and hair hydrated, coconut oil ensures your dog doesn’t become too hot in the summertime. It also reduces itchiness and makes life a bit pleasanter for your dog.Any dog why regularly suffers from dry, cracked skin or dandruff can benefit from regular servings of coconut oil, as this food can combat both of those conditions.
3. Keeps Teeth CleanDo you enjoy brushing your dog’s teeth? Most people hate the idea, because their dog will usually fight them and make it a difficult process to deal with. According to This Dog’s Life It’s better to just feed your dog something that can clean its teeth for it, like coconut oil.It may be odd to think that oil can make for cleaner teeth, but it is true. Coconut oil contains antimicrobial characteristics that kill bacteria and give your dog cleaner, whiter, stronger teeth.As an added bonus, the bacteria killing properties also make your dog’s breath smell nicer. That’s more pleasant for you and for your dog.
4. Aids DigestionCoconut oil is natural digestive aid. It helps your dog pass stool more easily and prevents constipation. It also gets rid of or lessens coughing, so it’s a great natural medication to give your dog when he is ill.You can ease the dog’s symptoms and make him feel so much better. By fighting bad breath, the coconut oil aids the digestive system as well.One of the biggest benefits of coconut oil, though, is that it can help your dog absorb nutrients better.
How much of the nutrients in the food is your dog really absorbing?The answer is that it is probably not as much as you might hope, and part of that comes down to the dog’s diet. By eating coconut oil regularly, your dog’s body will be better able to absorb vitamins and minerals from the food he eats, making your dog healthier and less likely to need medication or supplements.That make coconut oil a great treatment for a variety of medical problems and ensures that you have something to feed dogs who are picky eaters and who may not like to eat the healthy food you set out for them.Another digestive benefit of coconut oil is that it can treat bowel inflammation and other similar disorders. It eases the bowel and offers soothing treatment that doesn’t come with the severe side effects of many types of medication. This natural cure for a lot of what ails your dog is the best organic treatment for many digestive issues.
5. Helps with DiabetesDo you know that dogs can get diabetes? It’s fairly common in older dogs, especially those that struggle to eat healthy and maintain a healthy weight. By helping your dog maintain an ideal weight and improving nutrient absorption, coconut oil has a direct effect on your dog’s chances of developing diabetes in its later years.Your dog will be less likely to experience this disease, and if your dog already has diabetes, then coconut oil can help with that. This oil is able to treat the root cause of diabetes and help your get your dog’s weight under control so that the dog suffers less from the symptoms of diabetes.These are just a few of the many benefits of coconut oil for dogs, and you can find plenty more if you do the research.We encourage all dog owners to feed their dog coconut oil either on its own or mixed into the meals their dog eats. Dog owners will be amazed at the kind of difference this simple oil can make, as it is a powerful natural medicine that can treat a wide variety of conditions and prevent a host of medical problems.For more information you can visit pupjunkies.com – a site for happy, healthy, and adventurous dogs who are fueled by nature.