PetDogPlanet.com is an Amazon Associate, and we earn from qualifying purchases.
With most dogs sleeping up to 12 hours a day their bed is very important to them.
There is a vast range of beds available online today, but not all beds are made equal!
The bed you choose for yourself can have an impact upon your general wellbeing, depending on how well suited it is for you. The same is very true of our furry companion’s beds.
Nowadays, orthopedic and anti-anxiety beds for dogs are becoming more commonplace and are tailored toward treating specific conditions in your dog.
Last update on 2023-12-08 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API
The Need For Orthopedic Beds:
Sleeping on the floor or a hard surface can simply be damaging to your dog’s health. Orthopedic dog beds are designed to ease the pain and discomfort of structural ailments such as arthritis or hip dysplasia for instance.
As older dogs are more prone to these conditions they should definitely be given one of these beds.
However, these conditions are not only limited to older dogs. So what are the signs that your dog is suffering from arthritis?
Signs of Arthritis
The movement demonstrated by your dog may visibly become stiff, perhaps disjointed. They may try not to place any weight on the affected limb when getting up from a resting position.
Arthritis is more of a chronic pain, therefore your dog will not tend to cry out because of the pain associated with it. Consider it a more dull pain. Oftentimes these symptoms will be misinterpreted to be simply just down to the aging process.
In the winter cold and damp conditions tend to accentuate the discomfort of arthritis therefore your dog may seek out a warm soft space.
Treatment of Arthritis
- Making an increase in low impact exercise can actually work to improve your dog’s mobility. Strengthening muscles and easing stiffness.
- Weight control for your dog is important in combating the impact of arthritis on their quality of life. Slimming down can relieve the pressure on the affected joints. However, you must consult your veterinarian prior to implementing a weight loss programme.
- Invest in a quality memory foam dog bed that is orthopedic.
The Need For Anti-Anxiety Dog Beds
Stress and anxiety in humans have been widely talked about in recent years, in particular the negative impact that sufferers feel towards their overall general health.
The same is very true of our canine friends too.
Although the triggers of stress and anxiety can be very different for our dogs. Mainly these triggers are due to a change in routine or environment for dogs.
Some of the common causes of stress in dogs include the following:
- A new person or pet entering the home.
- A visit to the vet
- Ongoing health conditions
- Loud noises i.e. thunderstorms/fireworks/party
- A lack of quality sleep
- New routine for owner causing separation
So how do you know if your dog is suffering from anxiety? Well there are various ways in which stress can manifest itself.
- Restless sleep pattern – A stressed dog may have trouble in shutting down from the day. They may also make noise throughout the night in the form of a whimper.
- Inappropriate urination – Urination in the home is an attempt to mark your dog’s safe territory.
- Chewing of non-food items – Can lead to dangerous obstruction in the intestine.
- Loss of appetite – Can be particularly dangerous in very old or young dogs.
- Diarrhea – When stressed your dog may suffer from Diarrhoea, this, in turn, can lead to further stress
- Aggression toward other people or pets
- Lowered immune system
How do you go about alleviating this stress in your beloved pup?
There are some key techniques.
- Making sure that you stick to a solid routine and daily structure with your dog is vital as dogs tend to thrive on the regularity of a routine.
- An increase in exercise is always good for wellbeing fighting excess cortisol production is a good way to combat stress.
- The use of relaxing scents such as lavender and chamomile can work wonders for your dog as bedtime to fade away the stress that has accumulated throughout the day.
- Creating a quiet space for your dog where they can relax and feel safe and secure.
- Use music therapy. Playing music has been proven to ease separation anxiety.
- Natural calming supplements can be a very effective way to relax an anxious dog. However, you must consult your vet before administering any supplements, any anxiety issue could be the result of serious illness.
- Introduce an anti-anxiety dog bed/calming dog bed.
Introducing Bobby Bed
Bobby bed is a relatively new but ingenious company at the forefront of dog bed creation. Each of the beds they offer is specifically designed to bring about a better state of wellbeing for your dog.
Anti-Anxiety Dog Bed
They offer calming dog beds made from a shag fabric that is designed by therapists to mimic their mother’s fur from the time when they were just a pup. Cast your mind back to when you were a child perhaps you had a favorite soft toy. The feeling of comfort and security is simply unparalleled. These calming beds are also engineered in such a way that your dog can burrow into them and nestle right into the fabric creating an added sense of security, it is just like having a cuddle!
Orthopedic Dog Bed
In addition to the anti-anxiety beds, Bobby also offers specialist Orthopedic dog beds.
The World’s most comfy orthopedic dog bed featuring bespoke high-density memory foam, designed specifically for dogs by dog lovers. Perfectly adjusts to your dog’s body weight & curvature of their spine, to ease the pressure off their joints and body.
All Bobby Beds feature removable, washable covers. These coverings are antibacterial, mold, and dust mite resistant.
In general, a well-rested dog is a less anxious dog, Bobby beds can serve to offer a perfect night’s sleep even for dogs that require orthopedic mattresses to treat ongoing arthritic conditions.
If your dog is suffering from anxiety or indeed structural ailments such as arthritis, Bobby Bed has got you covered! So head on over to Bobbybed.com and check out their brilliant range!