As you relocate to a new country, you need to do better planning and research to learn what they allow and what they do not. Singapore is one of the countries that receive a lot of foreigners with most applying to be expats. Some come for business, while others work or just want to be residents in Singapore.
- International Pet Movers in Singapore | Steps to Take While Getting Ready
- Qualities of a Good Online Pet Supply Store in Singapore
- How to Groom a Dog: Easy Guide for the Beginners
- Moving With Cats and Dogs: The 7 Mistakes You Don’t Want to Make
- Dog Pool As A Way To Rejuvenate And Maintain Physical Condition
If your plan is to relocate with a dog, you will have to go through an immigration procedure both for you and your dog. Luckily, it is possible to have your beloved dog accompany you to Singapore. This post will take you through all that you need to know.
Pet Moving Agencies
These agents make the work easier for the person moving to Singapore. They already know the right procedures that must be followed from beginning to the end. All they need are the details about the dog, and they will start the process. They should be located where they can access the dog so that they can process the health certificate.
Pet moving agents are greatly preferred because they have the best dog moving equipment and trained animal-handling experts for the best care. They also process the canine immigration faster than when an average person is doing the process by themselves. Although they charge a fee to carry out these services, it is a good option for someone who is busy at work or with business.
Moving the Dog on Your Own
If your plan is to move the dog without involving a pet moving company, the procedure is straightforward but must be fulfilled completely before getting a green light for the dog. As the visa agents process your immigration documents, they can offer you some tips on what you need to do. You can follow this procedure in detail.
- Import license – the Agri-Food and Veterinary Authority of Singapore, also known as the AVA, is responsible for issuing this license to all people who want to move to Singapore with a dog. It is such an important document that the dog cannot board a plane without it. Once you visit the AVA’s website, you will be able to fill out the form and submit it.
- Health certificate – the purpose of the health check is to give your dog an approval that it is healthy according to the required standards in Singapore. If it has an illness, the qualified vet who is handling this procedure will conduct the treatment. On top of this, any dog that is coming to Singapore should go through the required vaccinations before the certificate is issued. Additionally, the dog will need to have more checks by a Singapore veterinarian upon arrival at CAPQ (Changi Animal and Plant Quarantine Station).
- Flight ticket – your agent will add a pet option as she or he books your flight. The major airlines allow one pet per person, but the cost varies from one airline to another. Make sure that you book your pet on an airline correctly to avoid last minute disappointments.
With these points, moving to Singapore with a dog is very easy. As you can see, you have two options, but both are easy. One thing to consider is your residency in Singapore because some allow you to keep a pet while others do not. When you follow these procedures, then you will not have any challenges at all.