With the arrival of the 20th century, humans have started to indulge their pets more than ever. With the accessibility of the internet and the major online stores, buying accessories like clothes for your pet is as easy as drinking water.
Dachshunds are one of these pets that have become very popular to have them wear almost whatever suits it. They look very adorable and dignified with the different attires they can wear.
Many websites sell Dachunds clothes that for them perfectly. And the increase in demand makes them very competitive. Cute clothes for dachshunds by BowWow is one of those exemplary websites you can look for when buying attires.
Dogs such as Dachshunds often try to garner the attention of everyone around them. And as soon as they realize that clothes are the way to human’s hearts, they will often trot around you wearing them.
How do Dachshunds react to clothes?
Dachshunds are mammals, and naturally, they have their own fur that protects them from the elements. So having to wear something over their body is a foreign concept for them. It might feel unnatural, cause discomfort or even cause them panic and fear.
They cannot easily cope with wearing clothes. Due to this, owners need a lot of time and positive reinforcement to get the dogs wearing clothes. Smaller furred dachshunds fare better with wearing clothes, as it only makes them feel like they have normal-sized long fur. But longer-furred Dachshunds will find these clothes irritating.
Learning how to deal with their distaste towards clothing
You can also employ several tactics to decrease their vigilance at the start. You might want to start giving them fewer and smaller clothes to start with.
Similarly, hats and small shoals can be very light on their body. Dachshunds are less likely to remove or maim any clothing that is out of their mouths reach; however, they can shake and scratch them away with their paws.
The most effective way to make them accustomed to the clothes is to have patience and give them space if they are reluctant. Don’t force them to wear anything if they don’t like it. It will only induce a destructive behavior as time goes on.
Negative impacts aside, you would prefer to let the dog be. They are animals too and have some freedom to choose.
However, you will find out the less you pester them about it, the more they will be interested. This is not a foreign concept, as people shower dogs with cute adornment more than other dogs. As such, they will be able to differentiate that; having this on me gives me a lot of exposure and benefits.
This simple logic is quite effective. Soon the dog will love wearing the clothes you give it with joy. Just make sure to reward it handsomely whenever it does wear these attires.
Perfect fit Dachshund clothes
Finding perfectly fitting clothes for you, Daschund, is a bit tricky. There are many avenues to buy these clothes, yet people have no idea about what basic qualities these clothes should have.
Fitting and sizes
If you want your dog to be snuggly and have a perfect fit, you need to get a very accurate measurement of your dog’s dimensions and predict how far the dog’s size will reach.
There is a very good reason to learn all of this; in fact, this is because if you do get perfectly fit clothe for your Dachshund, a few months or even weeks, a dog’s size can enlarge significantly. With the help of foresight, you can totally avoid this problem.
- You will need to get a measuring tape, the ones used by ordinary tailors would be best.
- You might want to measure its proportions at a suitable time when the dog is relaxed and well behaved.
- Give it a treat for staying still and take your time with the measurements.
- You want to start measuring its body by length, from the neck to the start of the tail.
- The second and most important measurement is the neck. You will have to trace the measuring tape around the neck and leaving about three to five inches of a gap. The measurement should be taken in the shape of a teardrop. As in, dogs usually have a v-neck to alleviate them from any discomfort if they wear v necks.
- For the chest of the dog, measure the largest point on the dog’s chest, all the way around.
- If you want to make boots or socks for your dog, measure the circumference around the ankle of the dog and the length between the ground and the ankle of the dog.
- If you want to give your dog a cap or a hat, and you need to measure the height of the head. Also, the space that the dog’s ears need to be poked through the hat.
- Lastly, please treat your dog to some nice doggy treats. As they have been patient with you and your constant breach of privacy, you did measure them.
Fashionable clothes for Dachshunds
As you know, many outfits would be perfect for a Dachshund. Here are our top curated picks to make it easy for you to choose from.
Dachshunds sweaters are quite adorable and very useful. They often come very handy in times of winter and colder seasons alike.
Dog hoodies are also quite appealing and are useful on rainy days and when your dog is out exercising.
Winter caps are also very popular for these dogs. Winter boots are also quite the hype at Christmas time.
As for the summer season, there are t-shirts and beaters your dog can wear with swag and absolute finesse.
Moreover, vests and tougher sportswear for dogs are available for you to buy on the fly.
Dachshunds look amazing no matter what you have them wear. You should try out this outfit and see how well this dog receives among your friend circle.